Saturday, April 11, 2020

Sunshine and Cinnamon Rolls

I put the same outfit on today that I wore two days ago. I may or may not have washed it in between.

The meteorologists who are in charge of the iPhone weather app will be receiving mail from me. It will not be complimentary. I may be charging them for some future therapy that I do as a result of my high expectations for sunshine (brought about by their relentless use of the sun emoji to indicate that there would be days upon days of sunshine) being devastated, again and again, to the point where now, even if the sun is actually shining outside, I'm just not really 100% sure it is.

I'm making cinnamon rolls, as is my Easter tradition. Never have I ever made cinnamon rolls in a pandemic. Nobody's raising their hands on THAT one-- I'm just saying. So because of pandemicacation, I am using self-rising flour and instant yeast, which I have never used either separately or in tandem for this recipe. We'll see what happens! Hopefully even if they look funny they will taste good. If they don't and they are a disaster, I will talk about it in the disastrous-iPhone weather-app funded therapy I'm going to do.

The sun is currently shining. But is it? Is it?

Coffee was so great.
It's already been lunchtime.
What is for dinner?

So tonight we are having chicken piccata with a few pandemic-approved alterations. I have no capers, so those are just being eliminated outright. Not going to risk catching a deadly contagion going to the store for capers. I also have no chardonnay for the finishing sauce. And I'm just not really sure how that happened, to be honest. It's distressing, in general, to be out of chardonnay, don't you think? Never mind for cooking purposes--just for drinking purposes. It shouldn't have happened. But it did. So on top of trying to quell my anguish at not having my favorite wine flavor, I also have to punt with my dinner recipe and make chicken piccata with sauvignon blanc. I mean COME. ON. How much of this madness am I expected to be able to withstand?

The sun is now either behind clouds that were not predicted to be there in the first place or it has been extinguished and I'm not sure which it is. Fifty-fifty shot.

I can smell the cinnamon rolls in the oven. That's a good sign. They smell right, at least.

That's all I really had to say for this post but ending it with the words, "They smell right, at least" seems kind of not right. So I'm going for another haiku instead.

Cinnamon roll...s (you have to extend the word rolls out so it's two syllables)
Made with the wrong kind of flour
I hope they are good

No comments:

Post a Comment