Saturday, April 11, 2020

It's an Easter Miracle

The cinnamon rolls are now out of the oven and I went to gather the ingredients for the icing and my icing recipe requires three cups of powdered sugar! Three cups! I looked at the half-full bag of powdered sugar sitting on the shelf in the pantry and thought, well, huh. If there's not enough sugar then I guess I'll have to make less icing and then ice the cinnamon rolls with less icing and I'm not even really sure what those words strung together even mean. I'm not even really sure we need cinnamon rolls. They are merely the vehicles for the icing, plain and simple.

But.

Guess.

What.

There was EXACTLY three cups of powdered sugar left. Exactly.

Much like having your kids dressed and ready to go somewhere on time just like you've been asked by your wife who now knows you're having an affair because you gave her a Joni Mitchell CD instead of a beautiful necklace, it's a Christmas Easter miracle!

There's a biblical story about a small amount of wine turning into a lot of wine, and it's not like I'm saying the powdered sugar multiplied itself and made possible the icing of massive quantities of cinnamon rolls, but miracles are miracles.

And the sun is shining. So it apparently was not extinguished.

It's been an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment