Monday, May 8, 2017

Welcome to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

"Welcome to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. How can I help you?"

Those were the words that a very kind sounding woman three-thousand miles away said to me when I dialed the number I had been given by a wonderful cousin who wanted to point me in the best possible direction with my new diagnosis.

How surreal.

I did not expect to be dialing that number or hearing those words at this point in my life. But there I was.

I would really like to write a long, eloquent piece about the shock of all of this. But I'm not sure eloquence is in my bag of tricks currently. I'll get there. But right now I'm still trying to adjust to the idea that I actually called Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment