Saturday, September 9, 2017

I Am in a Cheese Shop Currently (Part 2)

Olivia's texts from the previous post got me thinking... she is really living the life.

 To refresh your memory as to what "living the life" is for Olivia right now, she wrote that Nice was the best thing of her life and she swam in the Mediterranean and she was in a cheese shop. (being in a cheese shop should always be recognized as winning at life)

Not bad. Hard to top.

She is, after all, twenty years young, studying abroad, traveling on the French Riviera and quite possibly still in a cheese shop.

"Living the life" at twenty is all about finding out what's out there. It's adventure. New friends. Experiences you've never had before.

What sentences might express the "living the life" idea, for me, that her sentences did for her?

I'll start with location. I'm thinking water--ocean, sea, river--I'm not picky. And I do love Europe. While I would love to revisit some places I've been, the thought of somewhere new to explore, or at least seeing somewhere from a new perspective, is appealing. But I don't just want to see one place. I want to be on the move. Not so fast that I can't take in culture and beauty and ambiance. I want to experience that. But I also want to see more than just one country or one city. I still have some wanderlust.

I like to walk around. Give me a map and a few hours and I'm as happy as can be, even if I get lost. So lots of places to explore, even if briefly.

And food. Good food. Lots of good food, maybe even some I've never tried before.

This is coming into focus.

I think I've got it. Here would be my "living the life" post:

The Danube is beautiful. A new port each couple of days. Today we wandered Budapest. About to enjoy a glass of wine with the sunset.

Goals...

No comments:

Post a Comment