Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Random Confessions, Part 1


Sometimes, as I’m driving down the street, I try to think of someone who I think deserves a nice little box of See’s candies. And then I drove to See’s and buy them a nice little box of candies. And get myself a free sample. Which might be what prompted me to want to get someone a nice little box of candies in the first place. Don’t judge. Those double caramels are crazy good. And all the people I take the boxes to really do deserve chocolate.

I listen to country music all the time. I like that the songs tell stories. They’re mostly stories about girls in ripped jeans drinking out of plastic cups in the back of trucks with KC lights (whatever those are) and the boys who like watching girls in ripped jeans drinking out of plastic cups in the backs of their trucks. But I like the simplicity of the songs. There’s rarely any serious angst going on in country songs.

I drink too much diet soda. To make myself feel better (rather than just drinking less diet soda) I tell myself that this is not so terrible a bad habit--I’m not gambling or doing drugs or binge-eating cartons of ice-cream. It’s rationalization. I know. But it works for me.

I want to get a tattoo. Just one. I don’t really know why. And I probably will never actually get one. But I kind of want one.

I have a crush on Chuck Todd. If it’s Sunday, it’s Meet the Press at my house.

There are certain words that I love (twinkle, stars, splash) and certain words I don’t like (sparkly, synergy, plop). I love the phrase “inky darkness”, but do not like the word inky all by itself.  I don’t know why words have this power for me. But they do. It’s like they have personalities.

Sometimes I think I’m losing my mind. Literally. I feel like I forget more than I remember and occasionally words come out not exactly in the order I planned. I’m hoping it is just menopause. Which is endlessly amusing to me--who hopes they’re starting menopause?

I wish I had a hobby that I could spend days at a time working at and having fun.

I want to speak a language fluently. I want to speak it fluently in a country where it is spoken with people who are native speakers.


Sometimes when I go into smaller stores, if there’s no one else in the store, I feel like I have to buy something before I leave because I feel rude if I walk out without making a purchase. This accounts for many, many pastry and candy purchases and also quite a few diet sodas.

No comments:

Post a Comment